Facts & Figures 2018/19: Tables for the Calculation of Damages (Book & eBook Pack)
Published: June 2018
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Country of Publication: UK
Format: Book & eBook Pack
Price: Out of print
The amount of VAT charged may change depending on your location of use.
The sale of some eBooks are restricted to certain countries. To alert you to such restrictions, please select the country of the billing address of your credit or debit card you wish to use for payment.
Sale allowed in
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Cayman Islands, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Haiti, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Sorry, due to territorial restrictions applied by the publisher we are unable to supply this eBook to United States.
The calculation of past and future losses in personal injury and clinical negligence cases can be a lengthy, technical and complex matter. Facts & Figures 2018/19 is designed to guide barristers, insurers, solicitors and all levels of the judiciary through the issues that such a calculation can involve.
It is compiled with input from many sources, including lawyers, accountants and actuaries, as well as nursing, housing and motoring consultants. Although the most complex cases may still require their own expert evidence, with the aid of Facts & Figures you can calculate:-
- Multipliers for future losses for life, to retirement age, from retirement age, for limited periods, or at
- specified or unspecified dates in the future.
- Net incomes from gross
- Claims for gratuitous care
- Housing costs
- Interest rates, and
- Motoring costs
– in the overwhelming majority of cases.
Facts & Figures 2018/19 also contains helpful guidance on:
- Splitting multipliers for future losses
- Periodical payments
- Roberts v Johnstone calculations
- Auty calculations
- How to read a payslip
– and much more.
With the current uncertainty about the direction that the calculation of future losses is likely to take, the Introduction gives pointers to the Government’s latest announcements.
All of the tables and information in Facts & Figures are updated annually so you can be sure your calculations rely on the most up-to-date figures available.
Additionally, the book:-
- Enables effortless calculation of special damages and claims for loss of earnings in personal injury cases
- Provides access to the latest, up-to-date material and includes the 6th edition of the Ogden tables
- Ensures accuracy in the calculation of special damages and claims for loss of earnings
- Provides up-to-date financial and statistical information
- Helps with the production of schedules and counter-schedules
- Includes: Life, multiplier and discount tables, Earnings tables, Various interest tables, Price tables, Investment tables, Tax and insurance tables, Benefits, allowances and charges, Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority Multipliers Table, Decimal Years Table
- Provides clearer, easier to use Carer Rates tables, Nanny cost-to-client rates to be re-calculated in accordance with formula used for carer rates and a simplification of Tables C-1 Earnings Losses